The Expendables, a Sylvester Stallone Movie with an all-star cast of action film heavyweights, was released in 2010. Not only did Stallone star in the movie, he also co-wrote and directed the film. So how did Stallone and Crews get fit for the movie?
Joining Stallone in this action hit are Dolph Lundgren, Mickey Rourke, Jet Li, Gary Daniels, Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarzenegger. In fact, Arnold and Sylvester are the senior leaders of celebrity fitness.
Newer players who join the gang are Randy Couture, Jason Statham, Terry Crews, and Steve Austin.
So the film is about a group of elite mercenaries, whose mission is to overthrow a Latin American dictator.
It draws from the blockbuster action films of the 80s and 90s. Rocky Balboa and Rambo were other characters that highlighted Sylvester Stallone’s bodybuilding accomplishment.
The movie received mixed reviews from critics but it was a commercial success, topping the box office. Stallone is currently starring in Expendables 2.
- Sylvester Stallone as Barney Ross
- Senyo Amoaku as Tall Pirate
- Steve Austin as Dan Paine
- Charisma Carpenter as Lacy
- Stuart Cartwright as Master Chief
- Randy Couture as Toll Road
- Terry Crews as Hale Caesar (See Terry Crews Diet)
- Gary Daniels as The Brit
- Gisele Itié as Sandra Garza
- Lauren Jones as Cheyenne
- Amin Joseph as Pirate Leader
- Jet Li as Yin Yang
- Dolph Lundgren as Gunnar Jensen
- Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira as Garza’s Bodyguard #1
- Eric Roberts as James Munroe
- Mickey Rourke as Tool
- Jason Statham as Lee Christmas
- Arnold Schwarzenegger as Trench (Cameo)
- Bruce Willis as Mr. Church (Cameo)
- David Zayas as General Garza
Terry Crews Expendables Training
Randy Couture Expendables Training
For 50 year old men and older, what was Sly Stallone’s workout that got him in such incredible shape for the film? Actually, his awesome physique, even at 60, is the result of a lifetime focus on workout, diet, and lifestyle.
“Now I focus on a variety of exercises, working out three times a week for 90 minutes per session. I really feel good, much stronger than I’ve ever felt actually. Something’s working”, Stallone says.
Here’s Stallone’s Workout.
Here’s Sylvester Stallone’s Diet
Return from Expendables to Sly Stallone Workout