Here’s what the Sylvester Stallone workout looks like:
Sylvester Stallone Workout
For working out his shoulders, back, and arms. Notice how high the reps are – the lowest he uses is 6 reps per set. Furthermore, others are over 12.
- Weighted Pull-Ups at an angle – 3 to 4 sets, 6 to 12 reps – Stallone does one warm up set with just his body weight, then wears a weighted vest for resistance. His variation is that he pulls his chin towards one hand then alternates pulling towards the other.
- Unilateral Low-Cable Row (3 to 4 sets, 14 to 16 reps) You may not find this configuration at your club, but you can improvise. His machine has two stacks of weights, side-by-side. With a D-handle in each hand, he does 10 pulls with both arms at the same time, then he alternates arms and performs another 4 to 6 reps with each arm.
- T-Bar Row – (3 sets, 10 to 12 reps) Performed with one end of a barbell in a corner while lifting with a cross bar near the load end. Sly does one arm at a time.
- Squat-Jump Pull-Up – (3 sets of 8 reps). Interesting variation. Stallone performs body weight jumping squats, grabbing an 8 foot high bar on each jump and performs a pullup, before coming back down. Then he repeats the move for an entire set.
- Machine Shrugs, Free Weight Loaded – (3 sets, 6 to 12 reps) Stallone increases the weights on each set up to nearly 400-plus pounds.
- Shrugs on the Standing Calf-Machine – (3 sets, 6 to 12 reps) Shrugs done by raising the pads by shrugging the shoulders.
- Uneven Standing Barbell Curl – (3 sets, 8 to 12 reps) Standing barbell curl with the variation of having one hand closer to the center than the other, putting more stress on one arm. Also, alternate which hand is closer to the center mid way through the set.
- Strive Curl Machine – (3 sets, 12 to 18 reps) Stallone adjusts the cam on the “Strive” 3 times per set to place different stress on his biceps. He performs 4 to 6 reps at each setting.
- Dumbbell Hammer Curl – (3 sets, 18 to 30 reps) Sly lifts both dumbbells together for 8 to 10 reps, then ends with fast, alternating reps for another 10 to 20 reps.
Stallone works his abs with weights in between exercises and finishes the workout with some forearm work. So try the Sylvester Stallone workout yourself – Sly Stallone Workout.
Learn more about the effects of growth hormone and IGF-1 from this type of workout.
How Celebrities Get Fit
Sylvester Stallone Training
Read the Boost Testosterone Naturally Guide.